Mobile learning - it doesn't have to be expensive to be good
Mobile learning is all about the mobility of the learner, and not about the specific technologies being used. This session looks at simple ideas of how a tutor can reap the benefits that mobile learning offers without having to invest large amounts of money. The session will focus on how the learner and tutor can be empowered to use technologies that they are likely to own (e.g. a mobile phone) to engage, create, reflect, with their learning without being tied to the restrictions of the classroom environment.
The session is run as a mixture of demonstration, discussion, hands-on and guided explorative learning. Each session is tailored to the individual organisations needs, policies and objectives
This session can be run for any time duration between 1.5 hours through to a full day.
Ideas that will be covered in the session may include:
- Different ways of using the camera function (of a phone or a camera) as a learning tool.
- Using or creating videos whilst being mobile.
- Using a phone to create audio as a teaching and learning tool.
- Formative assessment on mobile devices.
- Using a mobile device for reflective practice.
- Sectors: Secondary, FE, HE.
- Session Duration: Short, Half day or Full day.
- Target audience: Teaching, Senior managers, Classroom support, Learning Technologists.