Making PowerPoint Active not Passive
When used well PowerPoint is a wonderful tool that can engage learners, enhance the delivery method, and be used outside of the classroom setting. This popular session looks at techniques that can be used to encourage active rather than passive learning. This session is a hands on session, where staff will practise the ideas being discussed, and should leave with resources that they can use in their teaching and learning.
Ideas that will be covered in the session will include some of the following:
- Using editable text boxes within PowerPoint.
- Adding Countdown timers to a presentation.
- Using drawing skills to create professional looking diagrams.
- Using hyperlinking to create interactive presentations.
- Different ways of using animations to enhance understanding.
- Different ways to get students creating their own presentations.
- Sectors: Nursery/Primary, Secondary, FE, HE, Commercial.
- Session Duration: Short, Half day or Full day.
- Target audience: Teaching, Senior managers, Learning Technologists.